Sunday, November 16, 2008

I’m Just Wild About Harry

As a lover of all animals, it's difficult to single any out, but dogs are at the top of my list. Recently, I had the privilege of meeting Harry, a 5-month-old Golden Retriever puppy with an extraordinary presence. Extremely intelligent, unusually composed for his age, Harry has show dog lines, a gorgeous coat and can hold his own in rousing play with full-grown dogs twice his size.

Harry's owner points to good genes, but Harry is special because his owner is, too. He gives this little guy plenty of freedom, is very patient and loving, and treats him with a high degree of respect. Maybe that's why all it takes is a whistle to get Harry back on track when he wanders a little too far.

When I asked if I could take his picture, Harry came when called and then posed.


"I'm Just Wild About Harry" (1921)
by Noble Sissle and Eubie Blake


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment