Sunday, August 26, 2012

A day of rest

 

Like me, Tommy the wild turkey considers Sunday to be a day of rest. So, how does he spend his day? Well...

He eats a little of this and a little of that, has a nice drink of cool water, tends to his grooming and then settles down for a power nap. He's such a handsome bird and I must confess that I am totally smitten with him.

The hens and poults have gone on walkabout, most likely to continue the poults' education. Tommy has been looking a little lost without his family, but they'll be back soon. 

Note: The quality of these photos demonstrates my respect for and reluctance to disturb this gentle giant. The glare Tommy gave me in the last photo was his signal to end the photo session, which I obeyed.  Click on each for the best views.

No comments:

Post a Comment