Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thank you, Mick Dodge


Mick Dodge spent his childhood in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. Decades later, he would abandon civilization to return to the Olympic Peninsula, living a barefoot subsistence lifestyle in the Hoh Rainforest.   Photo: National Geographic



While laid up with injuries, I discovered The Legend of Mick Dodge on the Nat Geo Channel.  The new season began last night and, as always, I was enthralled. This guy gets everything I care about, but his love of the natural world and need for freedom resonates most with me. 

Mick's sense of humor, wit and journey is more important than destination philosophy have truly inspired me. He's mighty good medicine and a tremendous role model for living with, not against nature.
 
More about Mick in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment